Wednesday 8 December 2010

Messages of solidarity that have cheered us up tonight! Thank you.


Hi, I'm following you on Facebook.
 
I'm a teacher at a secondary school in central London, and an active trade-unionist, and I'm completely against any rise in tuition fees - actually I think education up to and including degree level should be free, as it is in Finland.  I wanted to write to offer you my support and to thank you for what you are doing.  By standing up for what we believe in we can make a difference and we can change things.  Whar you are doing is right and honourable and just - keep up the fight!  Solidarity.
 
Bridget Chapman



Hi guys
I am sorry that I cannot visit with food tonight but I am not feeling too well. Keep your spirits up, you are doing great. The RCA have now joined the occupation movement and the govt seem to be sweating. Just a thought, but why don't you contact all the other art schools and suggest that you issue a joint statement ahead of the vote tomorrow? You could maybe get the Slade to use their London media contacts, evidence of alliance will make for a stronger message. I have been watching you on the webcam and I am really proud of you all. Whatever the outcome you have succeeded in highlighting the issues, and have stuck with it inspite of the general student apathy at the uni.
Be Strong, Be Proud and Stay United

love Tracey xxx




There is a native american law that says nothing should be done without considering how it will affect 7 Generations into the future. What you are doing is not only important for students now, but those in the future as well, and they should all be grateful to you. Politicians, sadly, have no regard for the future but only think of what now, will further their career. So, your being, your actions, and what you have achieved, is very important to us all and I hope this grandmother's gratitude will help raise your spirits and make you realise how special and wonderful you are. Not much longer now. You can do it.
wishing you strength, warmth and a peaceful night's sleep. It really IS worth the discomforts and exhaustion.
Love and thanks
Anna xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment